SHRM Exam Overview
To earn the SHRM credential, you need to pass all four sections of the Uniform SHRM Examination.
Find out more about each exam section and its key topics.
4 hours long, computer-based:
• SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams consist of 160 multiple-choice questions:
- 95 knowledge
- 65 situational judgment
• Both exams include “field test” items that do not count toward a candidate’s final score.
1. Behavioral Competencies
• Situational Judgment (40%)
• Foundational Knowledge (10%)
2. Technical Knowledge (HR Knowledge Domain)
• HR-Specific Knowledge (50%)
Find out more about the exam and its requirements